Bible Mysteries 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum
NEW for 2020! - Solving the Bible's Toughest Cases!
In this detective-themed series, kids will investigate Bible stories that tend to raise some serious questions. With a little help from the source material, kids will ask the questions, investigate the evidence, and solve the case. In Bible Mysteries 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn that we can trust that God has a plan, even if we don’t fully understand it. (Prize winners are listed below)
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
- Includes NIRV, NIV, NLT, and KJV Memory Verse Graphics
- Includes Editable Text Files
Bible Mysteries Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: “'My thoughts are not like your thoughts. And your ways are not like my ways,' announces the Lord.” Isaiah 55:8 (NIrV)
The Case of Something Out of Nothing
Scripture: Genesis 1-2:3, In The Beginning
Before the Earth and the stars and the universe were made, what was there? As hard as it is for us to understand, once there was nothing else except God. Out of nothing, God spoke the entire universe into being.
Objective: Kids will learn that God made the universe from nothing.
The Case of the Man Who Didn't Die
Scripture: 2 Kings 2:1-18, Elijah Taken Up To Heaven
Elijah never experienced death. Elisha watched as Elijah was taken up to heaven in a chariot. Many found this hard to believe and they did their own search to find him. After 3 days though, these men realized what Elisha already knew; God can do the impossible.
Objective: Kids will learn that there is nothing that is impossible for God.
The Case of the Longest Day
Scripture: Joshua 10:12-15, The Sun Stands Still
God had promised Joshua and the Israelites victory over the five kings of the Amorites. Joshua believed God, even though there was not enough time in the day for the Israelites to win the battle. Joshua prayed for God to make the sun stand still and God answered his prayer. God “stopped time” in order for the Israelites to win the battle.
Objective: Kids will learn that we can pray to God for help with challenges that seem impossible.
The Case of the Mysterious Fleece
Scripture: Judges 6:33-40, Gideon
God had called Gideon to lead the Israelites. Gideon was uncertain and needed reassurance from God. Using the fleece of an animal, God once again did the impossible and gave Gideon the confirmation that he needed.
Objective: Kids will learn that God is patient and will help us grow in faith if we ask Him.
The Case of the Unbearable Sacrifice
Scripture: Genesis 22:1-18, Abraham and Isaac
Why would God ask Abraham to sacrifice Isaac? Abraham too must have thought it was a strange thing for God to ask, but Abraham was willing to obey. But God stopped Abraham before he laid a hand on Isaac. It was only a test, and a preview of what God himself would be willing to do for everyone years later.
Objective: Kids will learn that God is in control, even when we don't understand.
The Case Of The Only Perfect Person
Scripture: John 1:1-14, The Word Became Flesh & Philippians 2:5-11, Imitating Christ
How can Jesus be both human and God? This is a mystery that is very hard to get our minds around, but the Bible tells us that indeed, while Jesus lived on earth he was both 100% human and 100% God.
Objective: Kids will learn that the Trinity is made up of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit
The Case of the Disappearing Debt
Scripture: John 3:16 & John 10:11-18, The Good Shepherd
Why would the only person who NEVER sinned, have to pay the price for our sins? We were all in debt because of our sin. The price to pay that debt was death. The only person who could pay that price for us, would be someone who didn’t have the same debt themselves. Jesus was perfect and did not deserve death, but He CHOSE to die on the cross as a sacrifice to pay for our sins. With His sacrifice and resurrection He made all of our sin debt disappear so that everyone who believes in Him can live with him forever.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus was the only one who could have died for their sins and He did so because He loves us.
The Case of the Unknown Return
Scripture: Matthew 24:35-44, The Day is Unknown & John 14:1-4, Preparing a Place
Where is Jesus now? Why did he leave? And when is he coming back? Jesus told his friends that he was leaving to prepare a place for them in heaven. Many people have guessed about when Jesus will come back, but Jesus himself said that this mystery would not be solved until it happens. All we can do is be ready and help others be ready as well.
Objective: Kids will learn that one day Jesus will come back for his followers.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Congratulations to the FIRST 3 People to order at 12PM (EST) on February 4:
- Beth White was the 1st person to order and won the Apple Airpods!
- Jessica Marr was the 2nd person to order & won a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
- Sara Pokorski was the 3rd person to order & won a $25 Amazon Gift Card!