From gross to good with God.
Sometimes things don't go the way we expect. Sometimes things can get downright messy! But God can use even the messiest, grossest moments. Often when things are messiest is when we can see God work most clearly to redeem and restore us. In EWWW 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will see how God can use messy situations to help us trust Him more.
EWWW! Lessons Overview:
"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:2 (NIV)
Scripture: Exodus 32:1-20, Moses Makes the People Drink Gold
When the children of Israel rebelled and worshipped a golden calf, Moses ground the calf to dust and made the people drink their new "god." God wants us to worship Him only. He wants us to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Kids will learn that trusting anything or anyone but God will leave them with a bad taste in their mouth.
Objective: Kids will acknowledge that nothing is more important than God.
Scripture: Genesis 19:1-26, Lot's Wife
A little salt makes things taste better, but if you add too much it can ruin your dinner. God told Lot and his family to run from the doomed cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Run and don't look back. Lot's wife looked, and she was turned into a pillar of salt because she didn't follow God's direction.
Objective: Kids will say that we need to follow God's direction and not our own desires.
Mr. Boil Popper
Scripture: Job 2, Job’s Illness
Think you've had a bad day? Job was a good man who lost his wealth and his children and then his health. He had done nothing to deserve being covered in gross, festering boils, but he refused to curse God because God was all he had left.
Objective: Kids will learn that they can trust God even when things seem really bad.
Scripture: Exodus 16:1-20, Manna Goes Bad
God gave the people in the wilderness manna, but He told them to gather only what they needed for each day. Anyone who kept manna overnight found a stinky surprise in the morning. God wants us to have faith and trust Him when we do not know what the future holds. He will provide.
Objective: Kids will say we can trust God to meet our needs every day.
Cow Pie Bread
Scripture: Ezekiel 4:9-17
God told the prophet Ezekiel to make some pretty gross bread! This wasn’t just a gross science experiment though, God was trying to show the people how serious and disgusting sin is. He wanted them to see that sin has real consequences that are no laughing matter.
Objective: Kids will say that sin is gross in God’s sight and has consequences
Scripture: John 13:1-17, Jesus Washes Feet
You think your feet stink after a day of playing soccer? Try washing the feet of people who wear sandals, walk miles every day, and rarely see soap! Jesus washed the feet of His disciples to set an example for us. He wants us to be humble and always be willing to serve.
Objective: Kids will say we need to follow the example of Jesus and serve others.
Scripture: John 11, Lazarus Rises from the Dead
Lazarus didn't smell very good after being in the tomb for three days, but his friends and family did not care. They were happy to have them back. The resurrection of Lazarus foreshadows the resurrection of Jesus and reminds us that only Jesus can give us new life.
Objective: Kids will say that Jesus can redeem and restore any life, no matter how messy it may be.
Sleeping in a Pig Sty
Scripture: Luke 15:11-32, the Prodigal Goes Home
When the prodigal son squandered all his money, he ended up living and sleeping with a bunch of pigs. Sometimes we feel like there's no way out of the mess we've made, but just like the prodigal, we have a loving Father who will always welcome us back.
Objective: Kids will say that God can forgive any sins when we repent and come back to Him.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.