God can turn our wipeouts into victories.
It takes great courage to become a champion surfer. You have to overcome the wipeouts and get back on the board. Jonah is far from a courageous hero, but God stuck with him until he had fulfilled his mission.
Wipeout Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths.” Psalm 25:4 (NIV)
Scripture: Jonah 1
Synopsis: When a surfer gets knocked out by a big wave, we call that a wipeout. Jonah certainly wiped out when he hopped on a boat headed away from Nineveh, but God was there to save Jonah and keep him on track.
Objective: Kids will identify one thing they’ve been resistant to doing for God and pray for courage to do it.
A Big Fish Story
Scripture: Jonah 2
Synopsis: When a surfer is out catching waves, he might see some pretty amazing sea life. Jonah had three days to get right with God in the belly of a giant fish. God wants us to recognize our sins and ask for forgiveness so he can set us right.
Objective: Kids will ask God to forgive them for something they’ve done wrong.
Ride The Wave
Scripture: Jonah 3
Synopsis: God’s mission for Jonah was to preach to the Ninevites, a truly mean and sinful people. Jonah didn’t like the Ninevites, but God loved them, and through Jonah, the Ninevites were saved.
Objective: Kids will be challenged to think of someone they share God’s love with this week.
Warmth of the Sun
Scripture: Jonah 4
Synopsis: Jonah was actually upset that God saved Nineveh! So God used a tiny worm and a hot, burning sunny day to teach Jonah that life was not all about him. We can learn that same lesson; namely that life is not all about our own desires, but about serving others for the glory of God.
Objective: Kids will name one thing to do this week to serve someone else.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.