Bible Lessons Based on Kids' Favorite Apps!
Every day more apps are designed to help us with our lives. God’s already given us the greatest tool for living a good life, the Bible. For every need in life, we can find a story in the Bible that God has given us to help us know what to do.
App Store Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “How can a young person keep their life pure? By living according to your word.” Psalm 119:9 (NIrV)
Bible App - Open Up The Word
Scripture: Psalm 119:11, Psalm 119:105
Synopsis: If you could only have one app, this is the most important one. The Bible is God’s Word to help us through anything we face in life.
Objective: Kids will name something they can do to memorize Bible verses.
Scripture: Leviticus 19:18, Romans 12:19, Matthew 5:38-42
Synopsis: The angry birds are angry with the pigs and trying to get even. The Bible tells us we should choose to forgive instead of trying to get even.
Objective: Kids will identify what things can make it hard to forgive sometimes.
Candy Crush - A Lot from A Little
Scripture: Matthew 25:14-30, The Faithful Servants
Synopsis: In Candy Crush, you have to make do with what you’re given and score the most points. Jesus taught us that if we do a good job with what we have been given, we can be trusted with more.
Objective: Kids will choose one small thing they will do to help or encourage others this week.
Spotify - Making Music for God
Scripture: Colossians 3:15-17, Give Thanks Always
Synopsis: Spotify gives us unlimited access to songs! We can encourage each other and praise God when we sing songs to God. Praising God helps us to keep our minds focused on him no matter what we are doing.
Objective: Kids will identify a time or place where they will remind themselves to praise God everyday this week.
Minecraft - Build Wisely
Scripture: Matthew 7:24-27, The Wise and Foolish Builders
Synopsis: Minecraft builders know they need to use the right resources to build their masterpieces. God wants us to choose wisely and build our lives on Jesus.
Objective: Kids will state why they need to make Jesus #1 in their lives.
Instagram - Picture Yourself with Jesus
Scripture: Psalm 23
Synopsis: People love to post pictures to Instagram of beautiful places they’ve been. In Psalm 23, David describes some places he would have seen as a shepherd. He uses these pictures to show us that God is with us no matter where we go, by the quiet waters or in the darkest valley.
Objective: Kids will name some places that’s it hard to remember that God is with them, and be encouraged that he is there too.
Facebook - Jesus Wants to Be Our Savior
Scripture: John 14:1-6, Jesus Is Preparing a Place for Us in Heaven
Synopsis: Jesus is the only way to be saved. He is preparing a place for us and He wants us to spend eternity with Him. Just as easy as accepting a friend request, we just need to accept Jesus as our Savior.
Objective: Kids will be able to say how they can become Christians.
Pokemon Go - Go and Catch ‘Em All
Scripture: Mark 16:15-16, Go Into All the World
Synopsis: Jesus told his disciples to go into the entire world and preach the gospel. That means wherever you go - to school, to a friend’s house, on a mission trip - anywhere and everywhere we go we should always be ready to show people that Jesus loves them by how we treat them and by what we say. God is counting on us to “catch 'em all” with our love.
Objective: Kids will pray for one friend they want to invite to church.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.