Crayons 12-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum
The Colorful Life of King David
Crayons come in many shades and hues. David – a man after God's own heart – lived a life filled with as many shades as you would find in a box of crayons. When we look at the colors of David's life, we see an image of what happens when we let God draw the picture of our lives.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Crayons Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him.” Psalm 103:11Purple – Purple was long considered the color of royalty. Kids will learn that even at a young age, God had set aside the shepherd boy David to have a royal future. 1 Samuel 16:1-13, Samuel Anoints David
Gray – King Saul began to experience some very gray times, but he could always rely on David's music to lift his spirits. Kids will learn that when we use our gifts to serve God, he can use them to help others. 1 Samuel 16:14-23, David In Saul's Service
Brown – David defeated Goliath with a sling a small brown stone. Kids will learn that with God on our side, we can do much with just a little. 1 Samuel 17:20-49, David And Goliath
Green – Saul was green with envy because the people loved David. Kids will learn that when we let envy into our lives, it can destroy us. 1 Samuel 18:1-16, Saul's Jealousy of David
Yellow – Yellow is the color of fear. Despite his great friendship with Saul's son Jonathan, David ran away for fear that Saul would kill him. Kids will learn that we can trust God to see us through every situation that makes us afraid. 1 Samuel 20, David and Jonathan
Red – Saul was “seeing red” when it came to David; Saul wanted to kill David. When David had a chance to kill Saul, he chose not to take it. Kids will learn that we should not seek revenge, but trust God to take care of us. 1 Samuel 24:1-12, David Spares Saul's Life
Gold – After many years and many struggles, David finally wore the gold crown that God had promised him. Kids will learn that we can stay faithful to God, because he always remains faithful to us. 2 Samuel 5:1-10, David Becomes King Over Israel
Blue – David was blue when he learned that his friend Jonathan was dead, but he became happy again when he was able to show kindness to Jonathan's crippled son, Mephibosheth. Kids will learn that when we serve others, it helps us recover from the blues. 2 Samuel 9:1-13, David And Mephibosheth
Black – Things could have gotten a little dark when God blocked David's plans to build a temple. Kids will learn that even when things get black and our plans fail, we can still trust that God is in control. 1 Chronicles 17:1-15, David's Plans For The Temple
White – David's anger burned white hot when he realized how he had sinned against God. Kids will learn that no matter how we've sinned, we can always turn to God who will forgive us and make us clean again. 2 Samuel 12:1-10, Nathan Rebukes David
Silver – The songs that David wrote to God were more beautiful than fine silver. Kids will learn that when we praise God with our mouths and with our lives, it is a beautiful thing to God. Psalm 103, A Psalm of David
Orange – Like a bright orange sunrise, a new day was dawning with David's son Solomon as king. Kids will learn that our words have the power to help and bless other people. 1 Kings 2:1-4, David's Charge To Solomon
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.