Choosing God Above All Else
In Idols: The Rise of Who? 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will be challenged to think about what they are committing themselves to – God or other things.
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
Idols Lessons Overview:
“I am the Lord your God. I brought you out of Egypt. That is the land where you were slaves. Do not put any other gods in place of me.'” Exodus 20:2-3 (NIrV)
Followers Of God
Scripture: Exodus 32:1-8, The Golden Calf
God had set the Israelites apart to be his people – to know Him, to serve Him, and to worship Him. The people quickly lost faith and created something else to serve and worship. We have to ask ourselves where we are putting our hope. Can we commit ourselves to serve and worship God even when we cannot see or hear Him?
Objective: Kids will discuss what it means to trust God no matter what, and why that can be difficult.
Following The Crowd Vs. Standing Alone
Scripture: 1 Kings 18:16-39, Elijah Vs. The Prophets of Baal
Once again, many of the people had turned away from God and put their trust in idols. Elijah showed the people that only the one true God is real and has the power to take care of them.
Objective: Kids will discuss ways friends can help support or challenge their faith in God.
Serve the Master
Scripture: Luke 16:13-15, You Cannot Serve Two Masters
It isn't just statues that can be idols. Anything we put before God is an idol. The Pharisees worshiped their own money, but Jesus makes it clear, you can't serve two masters.
Objective: Kids will confess something they are tempted to love more than God and describe why God is better. (For example, maybe it's video games - well God gave you eyes to see the game, and a body with working hands that allows you to play the game.)
The Rise of True
Scripture: Daniel 3:1-28, The Fiery Furnace
Times will come when your commitment to God will be challenged by people who want you to put other things first. Even in the face of certain death, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego would not reject God and worship an idol.
Objective: Kids will be given an opportunity to commit their hearts to the one true God who will never fail them.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.