Bible Lessons Based on Video Games
Some people say video games will rot your brain, but in this series, kids learn a few good things from video games that can help them keep their minds focused on good things.
Video Games Lessons Overview:
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” Philippians 4:8 (NIV)
Incompatible – Isn’t it frustrating when a cool new game comes out but it’s not on the game system you own? Just as some games and game consoles are incompatible, some things are incompatible with being a Christian. God wants us to focus our minds on things that are good and true. Galatians 5:13-18, 22-26, Live by the Spirit
Multi-Player Game – Some games are just better when you have more players involved. God didn’t intend for us to play the game of life alone. He wants us to have friends and live in community with other believers. Genesis 2:15-24, God makes Eve
Cheat Codes – Some video games have cheat codes that can help you skip levels, defeat your enemy, and become invincible. God doesn’t want us to take short cuts in life; he has a plan, and he wants us to trust him and be patient as we follow him. Exodus 2:11-25, Moses kills the Egyptian
Game Over – Every game has an end – and then what? You start a new game. Life on Earth has an end too, but that doesn’t mean the end of us. We can have an adventure that lasts forever if we believe in Jesus. John 14:1-7, Jesus prepares a place for us
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.